For more pleasure - a glass that makes whisky taste better!
SAVU makes sensing whisky aromas easy for everyone. It is an authentic patented handmade design article and the first glass that directly bridges chemistry with gastronomy.
SAVU is available as a single – SAVU Solo – and as a pair – SAVU Duo – packaging.
The revolutionary design
Chemist Dr Jari Tuominen invented SAVU whisky glass for the ultimate whisky experience. With SAVU glass the tastes and scents complement each other in perfect harmony. The design was perfected in collaboration with laboratories in University of Turku and University of Helsinki.
More about the design
The nose-numbing effect of alcohol has been considered an impossible problem. Read more how SAVU solves it and makes aroma sensing easy for everyone and offers more pleasant whisky moments:
Using SAVU is simple
When you hold SAVU glass it is time for discovery and joy. In other words, welcome and enjoy the ride. Read more to find out how easy it is to enter the garden of whisky aromas:
‘I think we should all enjoy whisky aromas ourself and appreciate the wonderful work of distilleries and their master blenders. I find it certainly better to experience whisky in person. Reading elaborate desciptions of other people is just not enough for me’
– Jari Tuominen, inventor
Viskin Ystävien Seura,VYS
SAVU is handmade in Finland
... and seven more reasons why purchase this glass:
- More pleasure out of every single whisky moment.
- SAVU is the only truly functional tasting glass making the sensing of aromas easy for everyone.
- Purest borosilicate glass makes SAVU extremely durable and machine washable.
- We all have a sense of smell – let’s use it!
- Whisky is all about the scent and aromas. It is a great pleasure to appreciate the work of master distillers properly.
- Unique, desirable and beautiful – a genuine conversation starter.
- Come to think of it – why settle for less?
Watch a video on what makes SAVU unique and how to use it.
Watch a video about Master Distlller's review of SAVU whisky glass.
SAVU in Media
Whisky News: 'Finer aromas with more nuances'
‘The glass did not promise too much: in fact, the aroma appears finer in the SAVU glass and reveals more details.’
‘When comparing with a traditional whisky glass using three different whiskies SAVU was the clear winner in every case.‘
– Armin Schüssler, Whisky News – 100th Jubileum Number
Today I have fantastic news to share: the patent for the SAVU Glass is now